Sunday 11 February 2018

Feb 9, 1991 and Sauerkraut



 In Feb, 1991 Mom wrote:
On Feb 9 Bill Stadnyk was down but I had sauerkraut perogies which he likes, borsch, and head cheese and George gave me a lot of home made sausage.  I boiled it and we had a nice lunch with pumpkin bread.  Matt stayed for lunch, too.

                                                                    Bill Stadnyk

                                                                 George

                                                                  Matt

                                                                   *************

A couple of days ago I cooked sauerkraut as a side dish to go along with Meatballs in Cream Sauce and spaetzle.  I found the recipe online and Kathy said it was the best sauerkraut she ever had.  I loved it, too.

Here's the link:  http://allrecipes.com/recipe/228631/bavarian-sauerkraut/

The only change I made was that for step 3, I covered the sauerkraut and cooked it in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

                                                                     Kathy


  


No comments:

Post a Comment