Monday 24 July 2017

GEORGE

                                                    March 27, 1935 - July 24, 2013

Naomi said, He was my dad.  I loved him.  

Naomi wrote: 

He was a great man! He had a different way of looking at life. One of my best memories is when he taught me how to drive. I went to go visit him at the combine. He said Hop into to seat to learn how to drive. I was so nervous because I knew he had to pick up the hay afterwards to Bail it for the cattle. The roads were so crooked that year. You would think somebody was drinking but no it was just a Father teaching his daughter to drive. He didn't care he just said it was time for you to learn.




  ***********


Naomi, I had a similar experience when I was 16.   


George stopped the truck on the highway to Binscarth, hopped out and came around to the passenger's side.  "Drive," he said!  What a guy!  


No comments:

Post a Comment