These sweet babies were absolutely fearless even though we had a dog with us. They sniffed our hands and we were even able to touch and stroke them.
Zippy ZUCCHINI with MINT (serves 4 to 6)
2 medium zucchini
¼ cup olive oil, divided
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
½ cup chopped fresh mint
· Slice zucchini lengthwise into 4 inch long planks, about ½ inch thick.
· Put 1/8 cup olive oil in a glass or porcelain serving dish.
· Brush remaining oil onto both sides of zucchini planks.
· Without adding more oil, sauté zucchini over high heat until browned and tender. Test by sticking a fork into a plank.
· Sprinkle zucchini with salt and put in serving dish.
· Pour over balsamic vinegar.
· Sprinkle with mint and serve.
Hot or cold, they're delicious.