Friday 12 December 2014

SAM HOUSTON WHITE CAKE . . . for BRYAN



Happy Birthday, Bryan!

*****

Why A 3-layer Sam Houston Cake today?   

Bryan loves anything to do with History.  Also, he thinks anything with an interesting name somehow tastes better! 


And it's so easy;  I was making a tall cake a day when I was a pin-curled teen on the farm.  (Not a Tall Tale!)


This is the Cherry Vanilla cake I made earlier this year for a birthday.

Of course, Bryan did the icing for it J


  He's into details. 

 So I'm sure he'll help me out today! 

******

Nicole likes to dust her cake pans with cocoa powder instead of flour -- since the icing will be chocolate, I decided to try Nicole's idea today.  (2 of the pans aren't fully dusted in this picture.)

The batter is very heavy at first (like cookie dough) so a hand mixer couldn't handle it.  Fortunately, I was able to employ Bryan power. 


Next, I blended in 6 stiffly beaten egg whites.



Resting for 10 minutes in their pans.





Moist and Good!

******

THE SOUTHERN HERITAGE CAKES COOKBOOK is available online for only 3 cents!  

No comments:

Post a Comment