Wednesday 10 September 2014

September, 1978 on the farm . . . and Garlic Steak Sauce


Sept 6, 1978  (from Shoal Lake:  to 1330 1st Avenue North, Saskatoon:  14 cent stamp)

I am washing this morning.  I got up at 5:30.  I set the alarm for 7 o’clock but I woke up sooner so went to work.  I have a big wash but I should be done by 3 o’clock. 

Dad is much better.  In fact he says he’s well.  He wanted to go over the garden with the tiller but Karen stopped him.  Dad got to go tomorrow to see the doctor in Brandon for check up.  We will ask the doctor whether Dad can work like he thinks. 


Bill and Dad went fishing last Sunday.  Bill got 4 fish, Dad two.
 
I do remember The Pink Panther.  I am sure you had fun at Revenge of the Pink Panther if it’s something like the other. 

I did the Bread and Butter pickle yesterday. 


My flowers don’t look nice now.  It was so dry so they finished blooming early. 

The boys are having a good crop of rape. 

The weather been nice.  Today is cold and cloudy, hope it clears up.

The prairie chickens are so close now that they are eating sunflower seed.  They just eat up all the seeds of the circle.

***********

Weather:  September, 2014:  It was snowing yesterday and the day before that in Calgary!  But on the coast, we’re still enjoying sunny, warm days.  Bryan barbecued steaks yesterday and I made an old Chatelaine recipe from July, 1978:

Garlic Steak Dip  
1 egg
1 ½ tsp fresh lemon juice
¼ tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
2 to 3 large cloves garlic
¼ cup olive oil
¼ cup canola oil

1.     Put egg into blender or food processor.
2.     Add lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
3.     Crush garlic and add.
4.     Blend well.
5.     Continue blending, while adding, oil in a thin stream.
6.     Blend until light & creamy.  Refrigerate for at least an hour to develop flavor.
7.     Spread over steaks.  This is really good!



No comments:

Post a Comment