Wednesday 17 September 2014

MARILYN . . . and a Mexican dinner




I’m happy to report that my cousin, Marilyn, is back from a trip to Paris and Ireland with her sense of humour intact.   She just emailed me today:

Have a good trip, Looking forward to Mexican recipes, all

 with Black Beans in your blog! LOL 

Well, Marilyn, here’s  tonight’s  dinner . . . but no black beans L.  I’m just using up the stuff in my fridge and freezer.


EGGS with CHORIZOS
HOME-STYLE POTATOES
MEXICAN RADISH SALAD
LEAFY GREENS with BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE

*****
And the star of the show was the

                                         MEXICAN RADISH SALAD

            From Paula Peck’s ART OF GOOD COOKING

2 cups finely sliced radishes
½ cup vinegar
1 tbsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp pepper

Marinate radishes in vinegar, salt, sugar, and pepper for at least 2 hours.  Drain and serve. 

·        I made half the recipe and it served 3 nicely.






No comments:

Post a Comment