Snow steadily falling; third day now.
The woods are magical.
Vesper loves it.
And here’s the
perfect menu to warm us up inside:
Tarragon Chicken Breasts
Tomato, Spinach, and Peanut Butter Stew
I should blog the whole thing – it was that good! But hey, for now:
JALAPENO POTATOES: (Prepare early in day and reheat)
From Chatelaine Magazine, February, 2012
4 medium yellow potatoes
2 green onions
1 large jalapeno
2 tbsp oil.
¼ tsp salt
1. Seed and dice the jalapeno finely. Set aside.
2. Chop the green onions.
3. Boil salted water in a medium pot, filled to just over one-third.
4. Peel and cut potatoes into one-half inch sticks. Drop into cold water as you go or they will blacken.
5. When all the potatoes are ready, drain and boil 5 minutes.
6. Drain well and pat dry.
7. Heat oil in large frying pan over medium high heat.
8. Fry potatoes about 10 minutes.
9. Add onions, jalapeno, and ¼ tsp salt.
10. Cook 3 minutes.
11. Set aside until 45 minutes before serving. Now, preheat oven to 350.
12. Put potatoes in, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
P.S. The potatoes were great the next day, too, and the spinach was delicious inside and outside and omelette.