Sunday, Feb. 9, 2014: Olympic Highlights on TV and . . .
First, a perfect daiquiri
then a splendid appetizer
(Bal Arneson’s recipe was in February 9th’s issue of THE PROVINCE)
Braised Stuffed Pork chops!
with Sauerkraut and Baked Tomatoes
Also Mashed Potatoes were included with Bryan in mind J
THANK YOU, NESTOR.
It was another lovely evening!
BAL ARNESON’S GINGER PRAWNS with CORIANDER TOMATO SALSA
First prepare the Coriander Tomato Salsa:
4 roma tomatoes, chopped
½ cup finely chopped onion
1 tsp ginger, finely chopped
6 mint leaves, finely chopped
5 serrano chillies, finely chopped
½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
Salt & pepper
1 tsp coriander powder
2 tsp lime juice
· Mix all ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
Next prepare Ginger Prawns
2 tbsp cooking oil
1 tbsp ginger, finely chopped
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp paprika
½ tsp mustard seeds
10-15 curry leaves (optional: tasted great without)
½ tsp Salt & ¼ tsp pepper
12 large prawns, peeled and deveined
1 tbsp fresh lime juice
· Combine cumin, paprika, mustard seeds, salt, pepper, & curry leaves (if available).
· Squeeze lime and set aside.
· Over medium heat, cook ginger in hot oil for 30 seconds.
· Add spices and cook 10 seconds.
· Add prawns and cook about 4 minutes.
· Sprinkle with lime juice.
Plate 4-5 servings: Put salsa onto plates and then top with prawns.