Wishing a Happy Father’s Day to Everybody!
I’m thinking especially of
My lovely old dad
Kepler’s amazing young dad
And one fantastic middle-aged dad!
For all of you, here’s the best BUTTER CAKE I’ve ever made
From Fabulous Desserts by Johna Blinn
1 cup softened butter
1 ¼ cups granulated sugar
½ cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 ½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 ¼ cups buttermilk
And your favorite icing
1. Grease and flour a 13x9 baking pan.
2. Preheat oven to 350.
3. Beat butter with the sugars.
4. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
5. In a smaller bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
6. Beat in flour alternately with buttermilk.
7. Turn batter into pan and bake 40 minutes.
Keep sledding Dads!