Thursday 3 January 2013

CHRISTMAS HOLIDAYS at HOME: Further Adventures


Beautiful, sunny morning:  Nicole and I walked to Cora’s Restaurant.



I ordered the Raspberry Crepe stuffed with raspberries, custard, and honey.


First bite:  Inward sigh – the crepe was leathery.

Nicole ordered the Fruit-Filled Crepe.


Unbelievable – it was even more leathery – nasty and cold.

The hostess and waitress were really nice.    Menus returned immediately and our plates were whisked away.


Nicole enjoyed her French Toast and fruit bowl.

The sauce on my Eggs Benedict lacked zing, and the sun was in my eyes, but I enjoyed the fruit. 

And nothing can really spoil a breakfast with a daughter.


**********
In the evening, we drove to Langley, had dinner at Brown’s Social House, and then saw the movie,Les Misérables, at the Colossus Theatre.  It was not as good as when we saw it on stage in Winnipeg because Russell Crowe destroyed so many of the best songs and Hugh Jackman wasn’t much better.  Still, I enjoyed it – Ann Hathaway was very good and so were many of the young singers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment